Arbitration and Dispute Adjudication
* ICC International Court of Arbitration – Former NZ Alternate Member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration, Paris (5 years)
* AMINZ Arbitration Appeals Committee – Member.
* Numerous appointments as sole arbitrator or as a member of arbitral panels.
* Including a number of ICC appointments by both the ICC Court of International Arbitration and by the parties, including one claim for just over USD 500 million (appointed by the Court).
*International arbitrations with Seats in London, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Brisbane.
* Mainly in the field of construction disputes, but a number in relation to energy, property and commercial disputes.
* Numerous appointments as adjudicator under the Construction Contracts Act 2002, by AMINZ, NZDRC, and by the parties.
* Acting as a Disputes Board member.
* Most recently under two projects funded jointly by the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank and AusAID
* NZ representative on the DRBF Region 3 (Australasia) Board.
* Several mediations each year, principally in the field of contracting disputes.
* A number of neutral evaluations in the form of a non-binding opinions.
1964: LLB University of Auckland, New Zealand
1965: Barrister and Solicitor, High Court of New Zealand
1968-1972: Part time lecturer in Commercial law to Accountancy students
1972-1978: Various Committees, Auckland District Law Society
1979-1995: Delivering Post Graduate Lecture series each year at University of Auckland School of Engineering
1982-2010: Fellow, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London)
1983-1984: President, Auckland Medico-Legal Society
1986-2014: Panel Member, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
1987-Present: Fellow, Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand
1989-Present: Member, Institute of Directors in New Zealand
1991-1994: Lecturer in dispute resolution to Auckland University, Faculty of Commerce, MBA
1993-1994,1996-1998: Vice President, Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand
1997-2007: Member of panel of five arbitrators to hear electricity transmission disputes in New Zealand
1998-2000: President, Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand
2002- Present: Chartered Arbitrator (UK)
2010 -2014: New Zealand Alternate Member of the International Commercial Court of Arbitration (ICC, Paris)
2013 – present: Member, AMINZ Arbitration Appeals Committee
2013 – Present Chairman of the International Arbitration Committee of the New Zealand National Committee of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
2013 - Present: Inaugural Fellow, International Academy of Construction Lawyers.
2013 - Present: Member, Dispute Resolution Board Foundation (Seattle).